Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Vogue Australia June 09

Wow this is an unbelievably delayed post. I only JUST got around to scanning the June issue of Australian Vogue - it's been sitting forlornly in my magazine pile for way to long. Anyway, I loved two of the editorials; quirky, fresh and a new spin on classic pieces. A nice change from what we usually find in the Aus issues.

"Paris Match"
Love the high waisted pleat pants combined with cropped shirt proportions. The perfect way to balance.
On the other end of the spectrum is the long blazers, short shorts and leather. Love the juxtaposition of the manly, refined blazers with leather and bare legs.

"Old Glory"
I'm not gonna lie, I'm a total Chanel fiend. I even love the blatantly logo-tastic nature it often has. Therefore I love the tongue-in-cheek label bashing irony of this editorial. It should all be too much but it's actually too good.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

i love the leopard pant look. it's so fun and it reminds me of an outfit sienna miller wore recently.

Emma said...

Oooh I agree!! I LOVED that look of hers when I saw it on you blog. Who knew leopard print pleat pants could be so awesome?! Need some! x

Dermaskin said...

Your blog has always attracted me and this particular post left me speechless. It is one of the best pieces of writing I have seen Thanks for sharing this.

Sciarpe In Seta